Show your talent for storytelling and illustration with Tye Preston Memorial Library's first ever Graphic Novel Contest! This contest is part of our 2019 summer reading activities for ages 5-18! The contest will run through the month of June.
Create your own graphic novel with a maximum length of 8 pages, including the cover page.
- Use letter-size paper (8.5 x 11) with art and text on one side only.
- Each submission must be the original work of the submitting author/illustrator. Any submissions with more than one author/illustrator will be considered a single entry judged under the age category of the oldest author/illustrator listed and will share any prizes possibly awarded.
- Computer generated images are acceptable as long as they are your original work (no clip art).
- Consider submitting a photocopy that is an accurate reflection of the original as we cannot guarantee that submissions will be returned.
- Tye Preston Memorial Library reserves the right to reproduce your work. You can reuse all your work after the contest.
- Print and complete the Graphic Novel Contest Entry Form and the Photo / Creative Works Release Form and return to the library. Please make sure your name is included with your submission.
- There is a limit of one entry per contestant.
- Children’s 1st Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card
- Tween’s 1st Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card
- Teen’s 1st Place: Graphic Drawing Tablet
- 5-8 – Children
- 9-12 – Tweens
- 13-18 - Teens
Disclaimer: Tye Preston Memorial Library reserves the right to refuse submissions that are not appropriate for a general audience. This contest is free and open to the public.